Monday, January 21, 2013

What a long week it's been!

I am not going to lie, I have been so freaking bummed! (There has been so much going on at work, but I don't want to jinx it) I have been working out so hard, and watching what I was eating and nothing moved on the scale! And I mean NOTHING! Actually I gained weight, and it was so depressing. I noticed that I felt swollen and felt puffy and it was getting worse and worse. I could not even bend my fingers, that's how swollen I was. So I was thinking that I must be retaining so much water (even though I have not eaten salty foods), I still have these pills that are for my head (which is a whole other story) which are strong diuretics. So I took a full days worth, and seriously I dropped 6 pounds of water in one day! 6 freaking pounds!!!! That is just ridiculous ! I know it was that because I have kept it off, and I know I have problems with water retention. It's so frustrating.
I am so lucky to have friends in my life that seem to really care about what I am doing and are keeping me motivated. They are telling me that I am inspiring them to work out and eat better. I had a great conversation with a mom last night about how I feed Lena and that I am pretty strict about her sugar habits, and it was so refreshing to have someone totally get it! She even gave me a great alternative with potty training "treats" that I can use instead of jelly beans! She said to use chocolate covered sunflower seeds, which is a great alternative! I am totally going to get those for Lena!
I have had this post about child obesity that I have been contemplating if I should post it or not, and I think I will. I mean I care about what kids are eating, and honestly to each their own, but the post is just how I feel about how I currently and will continue to feed Lena.

In closing, thanks to all the people who read this and with whom I have talked over the last week, that have supported me!

We made Blueberry Muffins from scratch! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...