Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Mind is a powerful Adversary!

ad·ver·sar·y
n. pl. ad·ver·sar·ies
1. An opponent; an enemy.
2. Adversary The Devil; Satan. Often used with the.

Yesterday on the way home I called my husband and cried! I cried because I needed to; I cried because I was emotional; I cried because my mind wanted to give up, but my heart didn't. I told him that I was so frustrated and down that I have been trying so hard and not seeing the results that I wanted , and I know I have to give myself time, but I am sad! He understood and said that we will try to do two workouts a day, one light one in the morning and one at night, but at least one a day! He said he was proud of me and that I could do this! I still felt so defeated, so exhausted from trying and feeling like I was failing.
This morning I woke up and weight myself and saw I had gained the 2 pounds I worked so hard to get off! I WAS PISSED! All I kept saying was that this was bullshit and why am I even doing this. I am just going to be fat and look like shit forever! The one thing that was different about this morning was however, that while I was saying all these things, I was getting my workout clothes on, tying my shoes, getting my farming and heart rate monitor on and filling water. All because my body was fighting back and my mind was WANTING AND NEEDING this workout! Screw my head and what it was saying! I pushed myself and did a good job today!
The most important thing that I noticed , while both of us were working out, was that Lena was watching us and even said "Go mama go go!" That made me keep going! My almost 2 year old (in may) was cheering me on and it meant the world to me! This is the role model I want to be for her and want her to see that this is good and normal!

P.S. i added a widget to the bottom so you can see my Daily Mile Logs!  Also, please follow my blog =)

2 comments:

  1. I have been on my weight loss journey for almost 6 months now, and the one thing I have learned is you have to be patient with your body. Two pounds is likely water weight. Perhaps, you drank more fluid that day or ate something containing a lot of liquid. My weight fluctuates like that too. Don't sweat it! You are doing great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Big! I really appreciate the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...